Fad and Glamor is giving you a treat this rainy month of July!
ONE WINNER of P1,500 worth of Unilab products (of winner’s choice)!
Unilab is known as the best healthcare provider in Asia. They have the most quality and affordable healthcare products and services that promote and enrich life for all communities.
Filipinos are now expecting the visit of a number of typhoons in the coming months! More rainy days means lesser sun! But that doesn’t mean we cannot get the Vitamin E we need! There are fruits and vegetables that are rich in Vitamin E. Also, there’s one supplement that will provide you enough of this vitamin — MYRA E.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Myra E, answered by Unilab Philippines:
1. Who can take Myra E 400? Can men also take it? Myra E 400 can be taken by both men and women 19 years and older.
2. When is the right time to take Myra 400 E? Myra E 400 may be taken at any time of the day, preferably with meals.
3. What is the effect of Myra E 400? In how many days will I see any results or changes?Myra E 400 contains Vitamin E, an antioxidant, which protects our cells from damage by harmful chemicals called free radicals. Thus, it is difficult to say when one will see any changes because most of the effect will be “inside”.
4. Is it true that Vitamin E (such as Myra E 400) can cause tuberculosis when used by smokers? Vitamin E such as Myra E 400 does not cause tuberculosis. Tuberculosis is a disease caused by the bacteria, Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Based on clinical studies, smoking may increase the risk of tuberculosis. We recommend that you consult your physician on proper advice on nutritional supplementation and healthy lifestyle.
5. Is Vitamin E safe after long term use? Does it accumulate in the liver? Based on clinical studies, long term use of recommended doses of Vitamin E supplements by healthy individuals is generally safe. Vitamin E does not accumulate in the liver.
6. Can Myra E 400 be taken twice a day? No. The recommended daily dose of Myra E 400 is 1 soft gel capsule a day.*
7. Can Vitamin E be taken with other vitamins at the same time? Yes. However, you should make sure that the other products you are taking do not contain vitamin E to avoid excessive intake (greater than 400 IU per day) of the vitamin.*
8. Is Myra E 400 safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women? The amount of Vitamin E found in the normal diet (usually found in nuts, oil seeds, legumes, grains, and vegetable oils) and in pre- and postnatal multivitamins (which are specifically formulated for pregnant and breastfeeding women) is generally safe. Myra E 400 is not intended for pregnant and breastfeeding women as it has a relatively higher amount of Vitamin E than what is recommended during pregnancy and lactation.*
9. Can Myra E 400 be taken with birth control pills? Clinical Studies have shown that women taking oral contraceptives have lower levels of vitamin E in the body. Therefore, Vitamin E supplementation may be beneficial for contraceptive users.*
10. Do you need to take Vitamin C in order for Vitamin E to be absorbed by the body?No. Vitamin E can be absorbed by the body when taken alone. Vitamin C is not required for vitamin E absorption.
11. Can Myra E 400 softgel capsule and Conzace softgel capsule be taken at the same time? Myra E 400 and Conzace should not be taken at the same time since these products both contain Vitamin E.*
12. I’m 18 years old. Can I already take Myra E 400? Yes, you may already take Myra E.*
13. When is the best time to take Myra E 400? Is it safe to be taken on an empty stomach? Is it safe to be taken everyday? Myra E 400 may be taken at any time of the day, preferably with meals since it contains vitamin E, a fat-soluble vitamin which is absorbed together with lipids/fat in the diet. The recommended dose for Myra E 400 is one softgel capsule once daily. To date, there have been no reported side effects with Myra E 400 when it is taken as recommended (i.e., one softgel capsule a day).*
14. What is the generic name of Myra E 400? The generic name of the vitamin E variant found in Myra E 400 softgel capsule is d-alpha tocopherol.
15. What does Myra E 400 contain? Can it aggravate acne? Myra E 400 contains Vitamin E. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that protects our cells from harmful free radicals. It can help maintain healthy skin as it promotes cell and tissue renewal. It has not been shown to aggravate acne. *
16. What are the side effects associated with the long term use of Myra E 400 softgel capsule? Myra E 400 softgel capsule has not been reported to cause undesirable effects when taken in the recommended dose (i.e., one softgel capsule once a day).*
Disclaimer: We strongly recommend that you consult your doctor for proper advice before using any medications, including vitamins, supplements, herbals, and products for the skin.
One of our beloved fans will win P1,500 worth of Unilab products of winner’s choice. This giveaway will run until July 15, 2013 at 11:59PM. Open to all with Philippine address. Make sure you submit more entries to get more chances of winning! The winner will be announced a day or two after the giveaway has ended and will have 48 hours only to reply to our email notification. Enter the giveaway form below. Best of luck!